Sunday 10 July 2011

Oooh the joy of stitchery!

Joy being only slightly overstated. I love to see stitchery blocks and projects in general. I really do. This gives me the - totally misguided - notion to make things myself. Not hindered by any actual knowledge of the process I bought a pattern by Lynette Anderson. In truth, it is a wonderful design. It contained patterns for a bag, a needle book, scissor keeper and even one for a tape measure keeper. Great. Time to get started.

Who could resist?
I decided to make mine from leftovers from a quilt I made last year. So a little search and rescue was in order. I traced the pattern on some fabric, which took a long time. That is what happens when you do not read the instructions. Had I read the instructions, I would have known that the patterns were transferable..... Just a quick iron and presto the pattern is on the fabric. Great invention.....if you use it! 

Detail.  Check the roses around the door!
It took me FOREVER to do the stitching! For some reason though I just could not put it away. 
The detail of the stitching!

Inside the needle book
So I moved on, slowly but surely and - I will tell you the truth - with loads of bad words. I even told everyone that was eyeing the project that I would do them serious harm if they asked me to make them one! Thing is, I am not a very patient person. I like things to progress.... doing stitchery I simply have to spend to much time on a square inch. Turns out, I do not like that..... Aah well, lesson learned.

In comparison the making of the bag and the needle book was easy. The pattern was simple to follow and both items almost put themselves together. I will be using the pattern itself again. 

I am very proud of myself, just for finishing two items! I don't even mind that there are a number of wonky bits and mistakes in the projects. I will however take a (long) break before I attempt the scissor keeper and tape measure cover.

Aaaaah, pretty!
I am just going to enjoy the bag and the needle book. 

Have a wonderful day!

Heleen

No comments:

Post a Comment