Friday 24 June 2011

Easy peasy pillow

Now, I have to confess that I do have somewhat of a fobia for the sewing machine...... It has never done anything to me and is very friendly in appearance. There is even some pink on the thing. I do try to use my friendly machine only once in a blue moon. Every time I do (after much moaning and soul searching), I realise that my machine is indeed wonderful and the progress made is amazing! Still, I much prefer sewing by hand.

I am sharing all this, because today apparently there is a blue moon. I saw a tutorial I just could not ignore. Browsing on the wonderful website (with the slightly weird name) Cluck Cluck Sew.

 Looking for a quick "thing"to make. You probably know how that is......

Finding the project also meant the need for an excuse. No problem, my godchick is having her 14th birthday tomorrow. She requested money. No need for thinking to much then...... I would make her the pillow!

Overcoming my reservations, the machine came out. I found some fabrics I had no need to use earlier and some buttons to match and set to work. Amazingly, very few curses and outcries later I am proud to present The Pillow:


I was actually enjoying myself. I can't wait for an excuse to make another one! Or maybe one of her other tutorials.......mmmmmm

Lots of love,

Heleen

No comments:

Post a Comment