Monday 26 September 2011

A very late gift

The pattern that started it all......
I've told you about this one before here. Now, my sister-in-law has her birthday at the end of June. I did really believe I had enough time. However, I did not take into account that this particular quilt was my own design. I say design, but I really mean Sew-as-you-go-trial-quilt like-thing. That means a lot of ripping everything out and starting over.

Drawing done by my friend.
First attempt, NO!
Oops, there it is....
Very proud of the stitched wreath. Thank you Helen for the crash course and for the new addiction!
 I finally finished it this week. Only a couple of months late...... My sister is - reluctantly - holding it up for me. I ended up giving the advent quilt (aptly named "Het is bijna Kerstmis" or "It's nearly Christmas") to my sister in law on my own birthday. Luckily she was very pleased with it!

Lots of love,
Heleen

No comments:

Post a Comment