Saturday 24 September 2011

New project!

I've decided to give a longtime friend of mine a quilt for his upcoming wedding. He is getting married at the 11th of November (for those of you from the south of The Netherlands, yes he likes to celebrate Carnaval). It is a bit special because it is 11-11-11! For me, it is special too. I've known the groom since he was four years old, I used to babysit him, saw him grow to be a really great guy....He is a bit like my little brother.

Now I did know about this wedding for a long time. But for some reason I decided to wait until now to start working on their present...Don't ask me why. I have no idea. Ooh my......


 It will not be a difficult one, well by the looks of my drawing anyway. I've designed it myself and this time I really thought it trough....I hope.Lots of paperpiecing blocks. I've already drawn ALL of them.


Here are the fabrics. I always hesitate before I start cutting. There is something so wonderful about a nice stack of new fabrics. Mmmmmm. In the corner you can just see my cutting list. Most of the quilt will be done by hand, but I am planning to do some stuff with the machine this time. Again: Oh my!

I will keep you posted.

Lots of love,
Heleen


No comments:

Post a Comment