Thursday 24 November 2011

It is finished!

I knew that the wedding quilt would be hard to finish in time. I didn't finish in time for the wedding. Not a problem. It was a wonderful day. With a fairytale bride and a handsome groom. Both were extremely joyous and looked, well ... simply infinitely happy!

Lucky for me, the happy couple departed on their honeymoon shortly after the wedding. That gave me an extra week! I finished the top and sandwiched the quilt on Saturday the 12th. I have been quilting non-stop this whole week and I will not show you my quilt fingers since I do not want to gross you out, but now: I'm done!  The quilt went in the washing machine (had to....my cat "helped" throughout the process). Which was a  belly churning moment (there is a lot of red in the quilt......). But all was well when I opened the washing machine (YEAH).

 They arrived home last Sunday and today I was finally able to give them their quilt! He looks happy don't you think?

By some stroke of luck I actually chose all the right colours for this quilt! I have never seen their home or furniture, (they live on the third floor and no elevator) but it turned out to be red!

I wish them a long and happy life together!

Lots of love,
Heleen
the label 
Stitchery block


The whole quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment